How to Find us
From the East (England M4)
- Take the M4 to the Severn Bridge
- you will need £4.60 ready to cross the bridge in this direction - free on leaving Wales!
- Continue along the M4 to Junction 24.
- Turn right under the motorway taking the A449 to Monmouth and The Midlands.
- Take the second exit off the A449 (approx 12-13 miles) marked Abergavenny.
- Carry on the A40 for about 9 miles (dual carriageway)
- At a large double roundabout outside Abergavenny.
- Take the A465 to HEREFORD and continue for about 6 miles towards Hereford.
- Pass 2 large signs on the left to Llanfihangel Crucorney and
- Take the next turning to the right marked GROSMONT.
- Follow this road for 6 miles until turning to the right marked "Grosmont and castle"
- Right at T junction into village.
- Continue down village street until you reach the shop on the right with turning opposite to castle on left.
- (Look for "Grosmont and castle" sign on left opposite the shop)
- Turn left up towards the castle then the gateway to Castle Acre is on the right
From the North (M5)
- Take the M50 at the end turn left towards Ross
- Straight over next roundabout.
- At the next roundabout turn right for Hereford
- Follow that road several miles, turn left for Abergavenny
- Continue on this road until you get to Skenthrith
- Through village 1 mile
- Turn right to Grosmont up hill to village
- Look for "Grosmont and castle" sign on right opposite the shop.
- Turn up towards the castle and the gateway is the only one on the right
- From Hereford take the A 465 Abergavenny road to Pontrilas.
- Turn left into Pontrilas itself then right signposted to Kentchurch B4347.
- After about a mile
- turn right over the river Monnow
- and follow the road to the village of Grosmont.
- Look for "Grosmont and castle" sign on left opposite the shop.
- Turn up towards the castle and the gateway is the only one on the right.